Thursday, April 20, 2017

Home, Sweet...Home? (or, The one that takes place in the US of A)

Hello everyone! You may notice that I am greeting y’all in English. Well, that is because I am still in the United States of America!

That’s right, I have arrived in Bellflower, California for the last three months of my volunteer service! (I actually arrived on Tuesday – but ignore that, please.)

I’m living in the Formation House with the young women who are in the process of becoming Salesian Sisters. There are three postulants and one aspirant currently living here, plus now me! They are super awesome, I'm not gonna lie, and we are already preparing a Singin' in the Rain performance for Gratitude Day coming up. Apparently we also get visitors that stay with us, pretty much always young women who are discerning religious life.

So yeah, it’s going to be pretty busy! We worked out my schedule and my main duty will be assisting the second grade along with math tutoring after school for fourth and fifth graders. Hopefully, my math is up to par. ^_^

Also, since it’s spring break here (which, what???), the Sisters are currently on break. Which meant we got to go to the beach today! Feel free to enjoy these awesome pictures (which in the process of taking, rendered me slightly sunburned).

THE BEACH

Sister goin' surfing...kinda

Working on that tan!

Contemplating the mysteries of the deep maybe?

Formation House #squadgoals

And the obligatory jumping pic! (We did our best)

I’ll keep you updated as I continue my volunteer work (as if I would ever not).


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment