Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving (or, Reasons to be Thankful)

As Thanksgiving is coming up (and my birthday!), I thought I would make a short list of all the things I have come to be thankful for during my time in Kenya.
  • I’m thankful for all the amazing sisters I have met that have made my time in Kenya so incredible and memorable.





  • I’m thankful for the gift of rain that has come to Karare, finally giving some relief to the people who were fearing living in a drought for even longer.
  • I’m thankful for (relatively) cheap international calling and my family who don’t mind waking up early to talk to me (stupid time difference).
  • I’m thankful for time to reflect on all the things that have happened this year, the good and the bad, and the opportunity to come to terms with them.
  • I’m thankful for Radio Jangwani and their free Wifi that they let me use whenever I come to Marsabit.
  •  And lastly, I’m thankful for the children that I have come into contact with here in Kenya, for their beautiful spirit, their incorrigible laughter, and the way they have welcomed me into their hearts. As my time in Kenya starts drawing to a close, I know that I will always remember them and miss them with all my heart. These kids are the best gift and I can only hope I’ve given them something as well.










Soon I’ll be leaving Karare, so until next time,


Kwaheri!

No comments:

Post a Comment